Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.
We seek to be a sanctuary of God's unconditional love. We believe, and try to live out, the good news of Jesus Christ by witnessing His Word through compassionate service.
Our Core Values
What is most important to us
- God's grace and forgiveness in Jesus, to be lived out through all believers.
- The tangible presence of the Holy Spirit in our worship and work.
- Providing a judgement-free zone for spiritual growth by people of all ages, races, and orientations.
- Developing godly leadership for service in the church and community.
- Worship is foremost for the people of God. We cherish the Reformed values of unified prayer, joyful singing and celebration of the sacraments, and uplifting biblical preaching.
- Fellowship is often nutured around a table, i.e. 1st Sunday Covered Dish Meals, Wednesday suppers (preceded by youth ministry), and an annual picnic on the Waccamaw River. The men hold a hearty breakfast, and the Presbyterian Women have circle meetings each month.
- Teaching from the pulpit and Sunday school (Men's and Women's classes, and two couples classes) focuses on Scripture, and living out one's faith on the world.
- Service in local ministries - especially feeding the hungry, enabling the poor, and mentoring disadvantaged youth - has been a focus of KPC funding and participation in the community.
- Missions include flood relief in the state, providing drinking water wells in Africa, anti-human trafficking in SE Asia, seminary training in Cuba, and a variety of partnerships in other countries.